The St. Alban-Stübli: from local brasserie to gourmet destination
Located at one of the loveliest spots in Basel's Old Town, not far from the St. Alban Gate in the historically charged St. Alban Quarter, the St. Alban-Stübli threw open its doors to a grateful public in 1912.
The restaurant has been in the more-than-capable hands of Charlotte Bleile since 1994 – since which time she has focused on turning what was a local brasserie into a renowned and contemporary gourmet destination. The recipient of two Guide Michelin forks, the restaurant has its very own cachet. Following sympathetic renovations, it exudes a very special charm.